Wednesday, June 6, 2012

There's a Little Venus Spot in the Sun Today!


Yes, this entry isn't about any of our wedding preparations at all but we are doing a blogpost about this one of the rarest event in our history happening at a time when we are preparing for the wedding (hehehe...) -- the Venus Transit!!!:D

I've been waiting for this event patiently, eagerly, and excitedly as soon as I got an invite from the Philippine Astronomical Society (PAS)! I even came a day in advance at the Manila Observatory when I mistakenly thought that June 6 is Tuesday, hehe.:D On the day itself, Jayjay, together with one of our good friends, Mae Labucay (with Garfield) came with me (and Chandlerpopoyli) to witness the event and being able to see Venus crossing the Sun is just too amazing-- as something you could only see in Science books now appears before your very eyes!:D

Special thanks to PAS members for being so kind to explain to us the event and for letting us use their telescopes and gadgets!:D I love astronomy and I promise to pursue the love for this Science starting today!!!:D Yeahoo!!!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

-Leslie and Jayjay